Wednesday 28 May 2014

ASOS Sunflower Print Dress




This is the ASOS Skater Dress in Sunflower Print which I got last week and absolutely fell in love with. To a point where, I kept it on all afternoon and evening after school, when normally I refuse to wear 'real clothes' at home, for comfort reasons. So, as you can tell, this dress gets very high marks in my books.

It is a super comfy and stretchy viscose material, in a black with white polkadots and beautiful little sunflowers clustered all over. (You can see from the pictures, why am I describing the pattern to you?!) I really like the material, it's pretty and has a kind of vintage vibe to it whilst still being very wearable on a daily basis. I like dresses with a dark base colour because I know they will wear well with black tights on the slightly colder summer days in  England. I actually don't wear black very well because of my colouring, but the yellow softens it and makes the dress quite wearable for me, which is a bonus because I absolutely love the contrast of the sunflowers on the black.


The dress buttons down the front but the buttons don't unfasten, which would normally upset me, I don't usually like fake buttons or pockets because I think they make things look cheap. However, I actually think these are very practical and look lovely. The dress is stretchy and very comfy so there is no need for the buttons to unfasten as you can easily put the dress on over your head, and they really add character to the dress. Nobody can notice they're not real either, due to the way they fasten.


I think the dress is very well tailored, coming in at the waist and featuring paneling on the skirt. I got a size 8 and it fits really well and I actually think it's quite flattering as it gives smaller frames more shape. I got the dress in a regular as I am pretty average height, but I noticed they also do the dress in Petite and Tall ranges, for exactly the same price. Which, is only 25 pounds. Considering how good the quality is, how pretty it is and how comfortable it is, I feel like that was 25 pounds very well spent. Thank you Asos!

No comments:

Post a Comment