Sunday 21 June 2015

Green Smoothie // Recipe




I have joined the smoothie band wagon and I have never felt so healthy in my life.  Thus, I thought I'd share a green smoothie recipe I threw together this morning with you all. I am still very new to this and I'm very much just throwing together what I have. But this one was delicious. 

Now, I am fully aware that the green colour is very unappetising. In fact, it is more than tempting not to add kale to avoid the colour. I was very reluctant to make my smoothies green when I first started a few weeks ago. However, I promise you, green is the way forward. You barely taste the kale and you still receive all it's green goodness. I have found that smoothies are the perfect way to consume things you wouldn't normally because you can disguise their flavour with fruit. I also do this with banana, I hate the taste but with enough berries I can mask it and still consume the potassium I wouldn't otherwise get. Kale is full of anti-oxidants, a great source of vitamin C (good if you have a poor immune system like me) and high in iron. The colour is the only downside, and you even start to warm to bright green after a while. 

Final tip, use frozen fruit! It is not only cheaper but makes your smoothies super thick and cold in the summer. 


RECIPE 
Makes 1 small cup, double for large cup 

1 handful of frozen mango
1 handful of frozen pineapple 
2 handfuls of kale (can substitute other greens)
1 orange 
1 table spoon of flax seed
+water 



Enjoy x


No comments:

Post a Comment