Friday 10 July 2015

Little Venice




Sorry it's been a while you little gems. Life is hectic and sometimes you have to step away from social media for a while (see this post for more thoughts on that). Whilst trying to escape I've been exploring London a little and thought I'd share Little Venice with you. This was one of the places Ellie mentioned on her London bucket list [x] way back in January. Now my exams are finished and I'm officially enjoying my longest summer ever I'm finally getting a chance to tick some things off. N.B. This is a great point of reference for anyone living in London or visiting London and looking for things to do. It sits at the top of my reading list. Shout out to Ellie for that. 

I really like pretty things, and if you too like pretty things you'll probably like Little Venice. It is a little pocket of beauty within the concrete jungle. It doesn't feel like you're in the city. You can sit by the water and read your book or drink coffee on a boat (yes that is a really thing!! see photograph above). You will feel like you could be anywhere in the world whilst the sun beats on your back and renders the water deceivingly blue. I'm really sure it wasn't as blue as it looks in that photograph. 

I didn't go alone and some of my friends were underwhelmed by the experience. They thought it'd be 'a bit more exciting.' So if you don't have a passion for strolling around and admiring pretty things. If that doesn't make you feel happy, then you too may feel underwhelmed. Obviously we all enjoy different things, but I loved the boats and rustic bridges and the general calm atmosphere. It is an escape from the city without leaving the city, which I fully recommend when the tubes and constant speed walking is all getting a bit too much. 




No comments:

Post a Comment